$100,000 to Be Awarded to Team with Most Novel Approach to Better Patient Health
BBK Worldwide Founding Principal Bonnie A. Brescia will serve as a judge in Sanofi US's "Partners in Patient Health" and North America R&D Hub Collaborate | Innovate Challenge at Sanofi US headquarters in New Jersey on Friday, May 9. The Challenge is designed to foster collaboration between non-profit organizations and academic institutions with a common purpose, and to promote sharing of complementary resources to propose new and novel approaches that translate patient insights into improvements in the drug development process. The winning team will receive $100,000 and have access to additional mentoring and guidance through Sanofi US.
Ms. Brescia joins four other distinguished judges: Dr. Kim Folger Bruce, Director of Research Partnerships at the Seattle-based Institute of Translational Health Sciences; Orlando Gonzales, Chief of Staff for Engagement at the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute; Victor Nizet, Professor of Pediatrics and Pharmacy at the University of California San Diego School of Medicine; and Richard Polisson, Head of Translational Medicine at the Sanofi-Genzyme R&D Center.
The four finalists for the Collaborate | Innovate Challenge are:
- Combating Muscle Loss – Alliance for Aging Research and the University of Maryland School of Medicine
Insights from a simple survey for older patients will assist pharma, researchers, and regulatory to develop treatments, while a new function on aginginmotion.org will encourage patients to learn about emerging research and clinical trials.
- Glu Real-World Research App – T1D Exchange / Unitio, Inc., and MIT Hacking Medicine
A living laboratory for type 1 diabetes research inside an app. Patient data and interaction from the Glu app will drive research creation, preclinical ideas, patient engagement and education, and co-creation of activities.
- Medical Heroes Science Exhibit – The Center for Information and Study on Clinical Research Participation, Association of Clinical Research Professionals, and Association of Clinical Research Organizations
The first of its kind, 12-city, 3-year traveling exhibit aims to change public perception and build appreciation and support of clinical trials by showcasing volunteers' experiences, engaging visitors, and connecting research participation to advancements in public health.
- Veterans Advancing ALS / MND – Innovative Solutions Consortium and Johns Hopkins University
Connecting open innovation, reliable veterans' organizations, and the ALS research community aims to provide new conclusive insights about ALS and accelerate individualized therapies.
- When: May 9, 2014, 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET
- Where: Sanofi US, 55 Corporate Drive, Bridgewater, NJ 08807
- RSVP: http://collaborateinnovate.eventbrite.com